We are delighted to report that all 58 matric candidates who wrote the IEB examinations at the end of 2012 passed and we do give God the glory for excellent results. This was a group with tremendous potential and we congratulate all our learners, parents and teachers on their achievements. A big thank you to our intercessors for the role they played undergirding our Matrics with prayer throughout the year.
Of the 57 matric learners 49 passed with entry into degree studies. There were 114 A’s and 116 B’s. 7 students achieved averages above 80%. Leaner specific achievements are as follows:
- Bubele Booi and Kirsten du Preez achieved 5 distinctions each.
- Mark van der Westhuizen and Daynia Magson achieved 6 distinctions each.
- Kevin Macfarlane and Danielle Martin achieved 7 distinctions each.
- Margie Mackechnie was recognised as one of the IEB’s outstanding achievers as she attained 10 distinctions. Heartiest congratulations on excelling and putting The King’s School on the map! We are very proud of you Margie!
- Marieke Krynauw got in the top 1% of the IEB for Afrikaans First Additional Language.
- Marlé Aucamp got in the top 1% of the IEB for Hospitality Studies and Margie Mackechnie got in the top 1% of the IEB for English, Geography, Life Orientation and Life Sciences.
The King’s School Robin Hills overall average is well above that of the IEB. Thank you Grade 12 teachers for your hard work and dedication and for going the extra mile to ensure excellent results.