Who We Are
Welcome to The King's School Robin Hills, where learners are educated and equipped to make a difference in this world ....through:
· Qualified Christian teachers who provide a nurturing and supportive environment;
· A biblically integrated curriculum;
· Character growth and development of the whole child;
· A rigorous academic education that upholds high standards and ensures that learners have the critical skills needed to engage their world.
OUR VISION AND MISSION STATEMENT:
To educate and equip children of Christian parents to serve the Kingdom of God effectively.
OUR MOTTO: To make a difference.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- The centrality of the Lord Jesus and the authority of God's Word;
- Character development and discipleship in a loving family environment;
- The partnership of home, school and church;
- Development of every child's potential;
- Faithful stewardship of all that God has given us;
- Excellence in all that we do.
HISTORY OF THE KING'S SCHOOL ROBIN HILLS:
You have, no doubt, read of the many miracles God did for His people in the Old and New Testaments. Well... it is exciting to tell you that since 1983 God has performed miracles as our school has been built and developed.
The idea for a Christian School based on Biblical principles and teaching Godly character began as a dream in the hearts of Pastor Ron and Ann Robinson. They visited schools overseas which were acting in obedience to Deuteronomy 6. Here the Lord instructs parents to train their children in His ways. Our school is a tool to help parents to their God-given role.
In January 1983 the pre-school opened with 6 children in attendance at Ron and Ann's home. Our first School Heads were husband and wife team, Ashton and Grace Sparrow. In January 1984, The King's School opened with 30 Grade 1 pupils.
On 10 April 1984 the 7 beautiful acres at Robin Hills was agreed upon as being just right for church and school activities. But R280 000 to buy the land was a lot of money! God led those involved to tithe their possessions and income to meet the R510 000 needed to build phase one. PLEDGES GIVEN ONE SUNDAY MORNING MIRACULOUSLY CAME TO THIS AMOUNT! People sold houses, jewellery, insurance policies and possessions to meet these pledges. In August 1985 building began!
And all glory to God, here we are today!